Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions will apply when you access the website of Cyprus Association of Research and Development Pharmaceutical Companies. Before proceeding to use this website, you must read these terms and conditions carefully. You will also find that they contain some useful advice on how to use this website. If you find yourself unable to agree to these terms and conditions, then you must not use our website and immediately log out.
1. General information
The website is owned and operated by the Cyprus Association of Research and Development Pharmaceutical Companies (KEFEA). KEFEA is a company registered in Cyprus and its registered office is at the Chanteclair House, 2 Sofoulis Street, 9th Floor 1096 Nicosia, Cyprus. KEFEA’s email address is email@example.com.
2 Conditions of use of this website
(1) You agree not to post or transfer to our website, nor include in any message, any material which is obscene, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, in breach of any copyright or other intellectual property right, or damaging to data, software or the performance of our or any other parties’ computer system. You agree to indemnify us in respect of any liabilities, losses, expenses, or other costs whatsoever incurred as a result of a breach of your obligation under this condition, including, but not limited to, any claims made against us by any third party.
(2) The Law for the Protection of Personal Data of 2001 as amended (the Law) is designed to protect individuals about whom information is entered and stored on computer and other systems. Accordingly, it lays down strict standards of accuracy, relevance and care of such data including how it may be divulged. Any data about living individuals you may enter onto our website directly or include in any message to us will be subject to the Law and you are responsible for its accuracy and relevance and must have the authority to disclose it and for us to utilise it for the purposes of any transaction concluded for or by you through this website. If you are in any doubt about any personal data, please feel free to email us with details of the problem first.
(3) In consideration of agreeing to your use of this website, you acknowledge that the ownership in any intellectual property rights (including, for the avoidance of doubt, copyright) in this website belongs to KEFEA. Accordingly, any part of this website (or its source HTML code) may not be used, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner other than for the purposes of utilising this website, meaning that you may only display it on your computer screen and print it out on your printer for the sole purpose of viewing its content.
(4) You may not link this website to any other website without KEFEA’s prior written authorisation.
(5) Access to this website is at your own risk. Please be aware that to the extent permitted by law and except as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions, KEFEA does not accept any liability in respect of this website or your use of for any loss or damage whether direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise resulting from whatever cause through the use of or reliance on any information or advice obtained either directly or indirectly from this website. In addition, KEFEA shall not be liable for any damage to the hardware or software installed on the computer you use to access this website as a result of your access to, or use of, this website or your downloading of any resource from the website.
(6) Information provided on this website has been provided in good faith and KEFEA uses reasonable care to ensure the information is up to date. However, KEFEA makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of such information.
(7) KEFEA does not make any warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any other websites which may be referred to or accessed by hypertext link with this website, and KEFEA does not endorse or approve the content of such third party websites. If you enter another website which is not controlled by KEFEA, KEFEA accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of your access to, or use of, any website which is not under its direct control or in respect of any materials posted on such a website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval of such a website.
(8) Use of this website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Cyprus, and the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Cyprus.
1. At KEFEA we are committed to delivering reliable information to our clientele and to protect the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Data about them. Safeguarding the privacy of information, both online and offline, is a top priority for KEFEA.
2. Accordingly, we take reasonable steps to:
- Give you, as a visitor to our website, clear notice when we are requesting information from you, the types of information we request from you, the general purposes for which that information will be used or disclosed, the categories of users to whom we provide the information, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures we have in place to safeguard your privacy;
- Maintain accurate records, provide you access to the personally identifiable information that is retrievable online and provide you a fair procedure to update, rectify and correct your personal information;
- Use safe and secure systems, whether or not by automatic means, to safeguard the information about you; and
- Use safe and secure systems, whether or not by automatic means, to safeguard the information about you.
Information we collect about you
4. We collect information from you or about you online when you request any specific information online about any of KEFEA’s activities or services or send us an email through our website.
5. In these situations, we may collect certain information from and about you in order to process your request and to verify your identity to be sure that we are providing our services to the proper individual. This is for your protection and to help eliminate identity fraud and fraudulent orders.
6. The specific Personal Data we may collect from you online for verification and processing of your request may include:
- First and last name;
- Payment details;
- Telephone and fax number;
- E-mail address;
- Physical address;
- Internet address;
- Mail address.
7. The information we collect may vary and is in any event proportionate to the specific requirements of our company for processing your request.
8. You may request any of our services not only by email but also by mail or telephone. The decision to request any of our services online or by mail or telephone is completely up to you.
Information we may provide to you for marketing purposes
9. We may provide you with information about our products and we think may be of interest to you.
10. In this respect, when we send you any email, you will be given automatically the opportunity to object, free of charge and in an easy manner, to such use of your electronic contact details when they are collected and on the occasion of each message and you may automatically opt out of further promotional offers.
To whom we may disclose your personal data
11. We will not disclose any of the information we collect from or about you to any third parties such as companies that are not owned by or controlled by or associated to us, for any business purposes, including marketing and joint business efforts for related and unrelated products and services, unless you have provided your specific consent for this disclosure.
For how long do we keep personal information
13. The time period for which we keep your personal information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain the information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or for which is to be further processed.
Updating your details
C. SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
How do we protect your personal information?
15. KEFEA recognises the importance of guarding the security of your personal information and online communications. We use programs that encrypt the information you provide on any form before transmission to KEFEA. We restrict access to personal data that is collected about you to only those who have a need to know that information in connection with the purposes for which it is collected and used. The data is processed exclusively by authorised persons who are under our direct supervision and control or act according to our instructions. We employ individuals, who are suitably qualified, possess the necessary technical knowledge and personal integrity for maintaining confidentiality. Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal data.
16. Further, we have security protocols and technical and organisational security measures in place to protect the personal data we maintain about you against unauthorised disclosure or processing. These measures include internal and external firewalls, physical security and technological security measures, and encryption of certain information.
17. If you are visiting our website or using any of our services, by continuing to do so, you consent to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy.